Island Office Ops/Payroll Manager - Castaway CayAplicar ahora Aplique más tarde Job ID 1075342BR Ubicación Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Fecha de publicación 16/04/2023
Detalles del empleo:
Responsabilidades:The Island Office Operations/Payroll Manager is responsible for managing all office operations including financial, business licensure, immigration compliance, administrative and crew support functions, including operational support to Island Leadership
- Responsible for the timely and accurate collection, submission and tracking of Bahamian work permits; liaise with governmental officials on process requirements as needed.
- Responsible for managing and administering payroll and crew administration activities including accurate and timely submission of pay entries and uploads, troubleshooting discrepancies, initiating workflow for contract changes and separations, vacation and sick payouts, crew berthing, monitoring SuperStar for scheduling compliance and resolving time discrepancies.
- Responsible for managing and administering all petty cash funds, transactions, departmental invoices, records and receipts; Process payments for vendors, contractors and immigration officials;
- Manage the operational check register, issue check payments, work visa payments, signatures, and financial records and reports;
- Perform financial auditing functions in partnership with the Business Office Manager, as required.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all routine and non-routine vendor, crew and immigration travel on/off the island; Coordinate crew leave requests (domestic and international), transportation logistics, crew debarkation packets, and related duties as required.
- Responsible for overseeing the Data Maintenance role including performing auditing functions to ensure compliance with Local Operating Guidelines, validating that inventory duties are performed on a consistent basis, escalating operational and inventory concerns to shipboard and shore side Merchandise teams, and ensuring operational requirements are achieved. Oversee Bahamian retail outlets to ensure compliance with Disney product and show standards.
- Function as the primary point of contact to the company agent and Customs officials for all manifest-related requirements for the island;
- Assess policies and procedures within Island Operations for continuous improvement and compliance implications; Administer business license and vehicle/vessel registration(s) to ensure documents are current and paid; Stay abreast of key requirements related to National Insurance Board, tax duty, and work permits;
- Provide leadership and direction to the Island Operations Assistant; Set quarterly goals and objectives that align with business priorities and enable a culture of continuous improvement and a positive crew experience;
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
Experiencia laboral requerida:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, follow-through skills with high attention to details
- Ability to work in a flexible environment with competing priorities – should have strong multi-tasking abilities
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills consistently.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to use Microsoft Office products and comfortable operating systems in a Windows-based environment
- Receptive to Island life, living and working on a remote island for 3 months at a time
- College degree or equivalent
- Ability to operate equipment and company vehicles
- Prior shipboard or remote island experience
- Extended experience in managing outdoor custodial activities for cruise industry or large resort operations (4-6 years)
- Proven management experience in a resort operation in the Bahamas
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Acerca de Disney Cruise Line:
Líder en la industria de los cruceros, Disney Cruise Line ofrece un entorno donde las familias pueden reconectarse, los adultos pueden recargarse y los niños pueden experimentar toda la magia que Disney tiene para ofrecer. Los huéspedes pueden navegar desde puertos de todo el mundo en emocionantes itinerarios hacia el Caribe, Bahamas, Alaska y Europa, entre otros. A bordo de la flota de cinco barcos – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish– y el paraíso de la isla privada de Disney en las Bahamas, Castaway Cay, los miembros de la tripulación ofrecen a los huéspedes un servicio inigualable, historias encantadoras y el entretenimiento familiar inmersivo que solo Disney puede ofrecer.
Acerca de The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, junto con sus subsidiarias y afiliadas, es una empresa diversificada líder en medios y entretenimiento familiar a nivel internacional con los siguientes segmentos comerciales: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, y Experiences and Products. Desde sus humildes comienzos como estudio de dibujos animados en la década de 1920 hasta su nombre preeminente en la industria del entretenimiento actual, Disney continúa orgullosamente su legado de crear historias y experiencias de primer nivel para cada miembro de la familia. Las historias, personajes y experiencias de Disney llegan a consumidores y huéspedes de todos los rincones del mundo. Con operaciones en más de 40 países, nuestros empleados y Cast Members trabajan juntos para crear experiencias de entretenimiento que sean tanto universales como locales.
Este puesto es en DCL Island Development, Ltd , que forma parte de una empresa comercial que denominamos Disney Cruise Line.