Island Security and Safety ManagerAplicar ahora Aplique más tarde Job ID 1076342BR Ubicación Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Fecha de publicación 21/02/2023
Detalles del empleo:
|At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!|
Maintain through exemplary leadership Disney Cruise Line® Castaway Cay security and safety operations at the highest standards. Develop the security teams on Island. Make recommendations to shore side management in respect to improving security and safety operations. Verify the security and safety operational parameters and company loss prevention philosophies are maintained.
- In addition to performing those duties required of a Island Security Officer, reporting to and under the supervision of the Director of Security and Emergency Management and advising the Island Director, the Island Security Officer is responsible for:
- Verifying security operations are compliant with the Port Facility Security Plan and Disney Cruise Line® policies and procedures
- Conduct DOS as required for all Ships using the Port Facility
- Ongoing review and development of security policies and procedures
- Maintaining the quality and the quantity of work performed by subordinates through positive reinforcement and constructive criticism; providing written documentation of any noted deficiencies or achievements
- Identifying and developing training opportunities
- Verifying the integrity of the key system is maintained
- Scheduling monthly meeting with Human Resources Manager to discuss matters relative to pending crew challenges / policy development
- Coordinating the inventory and maintenance of security equipment
- Verifying that training requirements are met by scheduling required training while maintaining accurate documentation
- Conduct an annual PFSP internal review with Island Director, reporting to Director of Security
- Evaluating and assessing new Island Security Crew Members with security duties and new security training
- Providing advice and support to DCL Ship leadership, as required
- Monitoring all security related training programs for Island crew, vendors and visitors as appropriate.
- Planning, conducting and documenting annual vessel and Island drills and exercises.
- Provides professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal behavior
- Emergency Duties as specified in the Island Emergency Plan
- Notifying Island Director, directs the day-to-day operation of the Security division.
- Reports to the Island Director and keeps him/her apprised of safety concerns.
- Responsible to engage with the Manager Technical Safety and Operations in respect of all elements associated with Castaway Cast safety.
- Develop a quarterly Safety Drill.
- Organizes and conducts the Guest and Crew Island Emergency Assembly and Evacuation Drill.
- Conduct safety investigations and prepare relevant reports
- Verifies that all regulatory safety signs are installed throughout the Island.
- Compiles a bi-monthly safety report to the Island Director and Manager Technical Safety and Operations and Quality Assurance & Compliance Director
- Keep abreast of the latest in operational safety regulations and procedures from the Company and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor stocks of Personal Protection Equipment with the relevant Island Managers to make sure adequate supplies are always on hand.
- Assists Auditors during their visits.
- Organizes the monthly Island Safety and Environmental Committee meeting.
- Develop and keep current a safety bulletin board for the Crew.
- Monthly inspection of Island safety.
Experiencia laboral requerida:
- 7 + years related cruise line gangway and port facility experience
- 5 + years related cruise line and port facility safety experience
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience with port facility and cruise ship security training
- Significant experience with port facility and cruise ship security equipment
- Significant experience with safety and security investigations and documentation
- Significant experience working with law enforcement
- Familiarity with port facility and cruise ship security programs
- Familiarity with reviewing and interpreting regulations, guidelines, and policies
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven ability to train others and lead a training team
- Proven ability to conduct administrative training research
- Familiar with port facility and cruise ship security practices and security programs
- Familiar with security program oversight
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Qualified as Port Facility Security Officer
- Familiar with external threat planning
- Familiarity with maritime security investigations and port security
- Operational experience with port and cruise industry security and safety standards Familiar with maritime regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven instructing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to extract key facts from complex written material
- Ability to work independently
- Strong partnering skills
Educación requerida:Associate’s Degree or equivalent
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Acerca de Disney Cruise Line:
Líder en la industria de los cruceros, Disney Cruise Line ofrece un entorno donde las familias pueden reconectarse, los adultos pueden recargarse y los niños pueden experimentar toda la magia que Disney tiene para ofrecer. Los huéspedes pueden navegar desde puertos de todo el mundo en emocionantes itinerarios hacia el Caribe, Bahamas, Alaska y Europa, entre otros. A bordo de la flota de cinco barcos – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish– y el paraíso de la isla privada de Disney en las Bahamas, Castaway Cay, los miembros de la tripulación ofrecen a los huéspedes un servicio inigualable, historias encantadoras y el entretenimiento familiar inmersivo que solo Disney puede ofrecer.
Acerca de The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, junto con sus subsidiarias y afiliadas, es una empresa diversificada líder en medios y entretenimiento familiar a nivel internacional con los siguientes segmentos comerciales: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, y Experiences and Products. Desde sus humildes comienzos como estudio de dibujos animados en la década de 1920 hasta su nombre preeminente en la industria del entretenimiento actual, Disney continúa orgullosamente su legado de crear historias y experiencias de primer nivel para cada miembro de la familia. Las historias, personajes y experiencias de Disney llegan a consumidores y huéspedes de todos los rincones del mundo. Con operaciones en más de 40 países, nuestros empleados y Cast Members trabajan juntos para crear experiencias de entretenimiento que sean tanto universales como locales.
Este puesto es en DCL Island Development, Ltd , que forma parte de una empresa comercial que denominamos Disney Cruise Line.