Island Services Manager - Castaway CayAplicar ahora Aplique más tarde Job ID 1075370BR Ubicación Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Fecha de publicación 09/05/2023
Detalles del empleo:
- As a Department Head and direct report to the Island Operations Director, responsible for leading and contributing to the long-term strategy planning and overall business execution of Island Services in the areas of annual operating, planned work and budgeting, department staffing and scheduling of work duties, team performance and effectively managing to targeted business goals
- Meet with partners in areas, such as Island Maintenance and Recreation, to understand their needs, communicate challenges and provide excellent service
- Liaise with Assistant Manager Custodial and the Horticulture/Transportation Manger regarding the daily operational expectations for the custodial, horticulture and guest transportation logistical operations at Castaway Cay including facility cleaning, trash pick-up and disposal, overall island upkeep, pest control, landscape and light maintenance duties.
- Liaise with Island Chef de Partie regarding healthy menu creation and food preparation production for crew members, the following of all USPH guidelines and sanitizing of crew galley/kitchen, and appropriate inventory/cost control measures are being followed
- Ensure Disney Cruise Line and USPH Sanitation requirements are met in all galleys and food store rooms, including proper storage of food at all times and inspections ensuring adherence to HACCP procedures
- Monitor all Culinary standards, inventory, requisition/stock and cost control; ensure necessary inventory meetings daily/weekly food cost targets
- Manage the Wardrobe operation for the island; including costume inventory and stock for Crew Members and Managers costumes.
- Maintain and manage that cleaning & landscape chemicals are appropriately used and stored properly, including regular inventory and availability of MSDS
- Manage inventory on a monthly including par levels for cleaning supplies & chemicals in all General supplies and Chemical Stores. Ensure the preparation of weekly purchase request for all cleaning & chemical supplies on the Island
- Meet with the shipboard Hotel department regarding Food & Beverage and Concierge services on the island
- Ensure the operation meets or exceeds government standards and codes for all areas.
- Manage communications effectively with team and partners within the Disney Cruise Line ship and Disney Cruise Line shore side teams.
- Supervises subordinate employees including first level coaching, counseling, training and performance evaluations while inspiring a team of approximately 25-30 crew members to give their very best, every day
Experiencia laboral requerida:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, follow-through skills with high attention to details
- Ability to work in a flexible environment with competing priorities – should have strong multi-tasking abilities
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills consistently.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to use Microsoft Office products and comfortable operating systems in a Windows-based environment
- Receptive to Island life, living and working on a remote island for 3 months at a time
- College degree or equivalent
- Ability to operate equipment and company vehicles
- Prior shipboard or remote island experience
- Extended experience in managing outdoor custodial activities for cruise industry or large resort operations (4-6 years)
- Proven management experience in a resort operation in the Bahamas
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas, if applicable (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Have authorization to work in the Bahamas
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Acerca de Disney Cruise Line:
Líder en la industria de los cruceros, Disney Cruise Line ofrece un entorno donde las familias pueden reconectarse, los adultos pueden recargarse y los niños pueden experimentar toda la magia que Disney tiene para ofrecer. Los huéspedes pueden navegar desde puertos de todo el mundo en emocionantes itinerarios hacia el Caribe, Bahamas, Alaska y Europa, entre otros. A bordo de la flota de cinco barcos – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish– y el paraíso de la isla privada de Disney en las Bahamas, Castaway Cay, los miembros de la tripulación ofrecen a los huéspedes un servicio inigualable, historias encantadoras y el entretenimiento familiar inmersivo que solo Disney puede ofrecer.
Acerca de The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, junto con sus subsidiarias y afiliadas, es una empresa diversificada líder en medios y entretenimiento familiar a nivel internacional con los siguientes segmentos comerciales: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, y Experiences and Products. Desde sus humildes comienzos como estudio de dibujos animados en la década de 1920 hasta su nombre preeminente en la industria del entretenimiento actual, Disney continúa orgullosamente su legado de crear historias y experiencias de primer nivel para cada miembro de la familia. Las historias, personajes y experiencias de Disney llegan a consumidores y huéspedes de todos los rincones del mundo. Con operaciones en más de 40 países, nuestros empleados y Cast Members trabajan juntos para crear experiencias de entretenimiento que sean tanto universales como locales.
Este puesto es en DCL Island Development, Ltd , que forma parte de una empresa comercial que denominamos Disney Cruise Line.