Sr. Media Systems EngineerAplicar ahora Aplique más tarde Job ID 10032498 Ubicación The Woodlands, Texas, Estados Unidos Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Fecha de publicación 28/03/2023
Detalles del empleo:
Be involved in designing state of the art broadcast facilities for a global company that is at the forefront of technology. In this position, special emphasis is placed on design and implementation of all of DMED’s content acquisition, origination and distribution systems. A Senior Systems Engineer is an experienced broadcast/IT professional who designs and documents upgrades and changes DMED’s daily Multi-Platform content systems. This person is also responsible for new system designs and implementation of such systems. This includes specifying the hardware and software to meet the production department’s needs as well as managing the roll out of new equipment and systems.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of DMED’s content creation, distribution and related facilities. The scope of which will include core routing, intercom, playout and distribution systems, new equipment or equipment upgrades, facility relocation, and facility redesign
- Take lead role in facility design, layout, evaluation of equipment alternatives, and equipment selection and configuration.
- Implement solutions for content creation, manipulation, encoding/transcoding and distribution. This may include non-linear edit systems, video servers, storage solutions, file acquisition, file transcode, file transfer, media asset management and automation systems.
- Plays a lead role in equipment procurement, including specification development, capital budget conformance, and technical specification verification
- Oversees and coordinates the construction of facilities and the installation of new equipment, including collaborating closely with installation engineers, equipment manufacturers and vendors, installation service contractors, electronic maintenance engineers, technical operations staff, and others involved in the projects.
- Monitors facility/equipment manufacturers and vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and contractual agreements
- Monitors project progress and takes corrective action as necessary to keep projects on track
- Ensures that completed facilities and installed equipment meet industry specifications and operate as intended.
- Assists Support, Technical and Transmission operations departments in developing training programs for people who will be operating the new facilities and help resolve complex technical issues and problems.
- Collaborates closely with DMED and Operations’ management and key staff to assess facility needs
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Collaborates closely with equipment manufacturers and vendors to understand the range of equipment that might be relevant to DTCI’s broadcasting facilities and operations
- Communicates with system design engineers to understand the requirements of selected hardware platforms
- Maintains relationships with other technical DMED Operations groups
- Maintains and builds new vendor relationships
- Provides project status updates to stakeholders and management
- Gathers, organizes and updates requirements of assigned tasks and projects.
- Presents solutions to peers, Technology management and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in television broadcast engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Electrical or Broadcast Engineering, or Computer Science OR equivalent relevant experience in broadcast facilities design and documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of television broadcast and transmission best practices
- Demonstrated experience in building solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and driving best practices within their team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, and SNMP.
- Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques. Understanding of video audio/video encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
See our state-of-the art broadcast facility HERE!
Acerca de The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, junto con sus subsidiarias y afiliadas, es una empresa diversificada líder en medios y entretenimiento familiar a nivel internacional con los siguientes segmentos comerciales: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, y Experiences and Products. Desde sus humildes comienzos como estudio de dibujos animados en la década de 1920 hasta su nombre preeminente en la industria del entretenimiento actual, Disney continúa orgullosamente su legado de crear historias y experiencias de primer nivel para cada miembro de la familia. Las historias, personajes y experiencias de Disney llegan a consumidores y huéspedes de todos los rincones del mundo. Con operaciones en más de 40 países, nuestros empleados y Cast Members trabajan juntos para crear experiencias de entretenimiento que sean tanto universales como locales.
Este puesto es en Disney Streaming Technology LLC , que forma parte de una empresa comercial que denominamos Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Los solicitantes recibirán consideración para el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, orientación sexual, identidad de género, discapacidad o condición de veterano protegido. Disney fomenta una cultura empresarial donde las ideas y decisiones de todas las personas nos ayudan a crecer, innovar, crear las mejores historias y ser relevantes en un mundo que cambia rápidamente.